I am lying in a hotel room in Charleston with my oldest daughter sleeping away beside me and I am having yet another moment of 'I still can't believe it..'
The daughter I gave up for adoption 19 years ago. We have found each other and are on our third visit. We clicked right away and her parents are amazing and she is amazing and I still can't believe it is all happening! We're actually in Charleston so she can try out for American Idol and even that is surreal. Last night we sat in a horrible hotel room and ate salt and vinegar chips until our toungues dried out and did not discuss politics (because she is republican and I am not) and we didn't discuss the wonders of Katy Perry (because...) But we did discuss Harry Potter for hours and laughed about the silliness of boys and then went to our laptops to read fanfic. Because she even loves fanfic!! Of course, she reads het (!!!) and I read slash and I'm not allowed to mention who Draco really ended up with (because we all know it was Harry) (no, really, she gets really mad!! Who knew 19 year old were so volatile? Sheeeeesh)
Just wanted to share the latest news .. .I am so happy!
So this year I've decided I'm not waiting. I've put off finishing my degree and any other sort of personal progress all to be a Mom the last eight years. I've waited and waited for it to be 'my turn' in the family budget forgetting, I guess, that I never used to be the waiting sort. So that's my resolution this year, just freaking stop whining and do it already!
I'm so weird about fanfic, I don't read a lot of fandoms, just can't get into them. Since I started reading it's been Alias, Smallville & Harry Potter (Sark/Sydney then Slash and I've never looked back). I rely almost exclusively on rec lists because as much as I love well written fic the bad stuff is .. really bad. I have to say, Sherlock is my favorite new fandom and I've never felt dirtier about enjoying a pairing. It's probably because I've always been a bookworm and cut my teeth on mysteries with Sherlock & Watson so this feel the naughtiest so far. But some of the authors are writing them so beautifully, I'm so greedy I need more!
In any case, it had been a while since I have written anything so I thought I would throw this out there. Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!
So I'm hoping that there are a few people left on my friends list, since I am a massive fanfic lurker and haven't been around much lately.
So I haven't posted in an eternity and most of my rl friends on LJ have moved on to Facebook. In other words, I have no idea who may actually see this but in case anyone is out there ...
Have you seen this?
Guh... It looks very, very hot and it doesn't hurt that I have been fascinated by Salvadore Dali. Just wish I had someone to go watch it with me! But it will probably end up like when I watched Brokeback in the theatre, me and a lot of gay men. Sigh.
In real life news I'm on the verge of divorce we just made it through yet another lay off and I am once again slammed with end of the school year stuff. But I keep going, lol
And I don't want to go into how much it sucks that some of my favorite Harry Potter authors have left the fandom and there goes my main line of escape :)
Been really out of touch but hopefully you guys are doing ok, and enjoy the clip if you haven't already seen it.
Snagged from kc_anathema
1. Put Your iTunes/Windows Media Player/ETC on Shuffle.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS.
4. Put any comments in brackets after the song name.
1. If someone says, "Is this okay?"? - 'Finding it hard to be a Gentleman' - The White Stripes
2. How would you describe yourself?- 'Killing me Softly' - The Fugees
3. What do you like in a girl/guy?- 'Is there anybody out there' - Pink Floyd (LOL)
4. How do you feel today?- 'Johnny Angel' - Leslie Gore (What? I have a weird playlist..)
5. What is your life's purpose?- 'My Humps' - Black Eyed Peas (Ok, this is too much fun and I'm dying laughing)
6. What is your motto? - 'Jagged Little Pill' - Alanis Morrisette (Hmm.. not to far off actually)
7. What do your friends think of you? - 'Strawberry Fields Forever' - The Beatles
8. What do you think of your parents? - 'End of Line' - Traveling Wilburys (No comment...very tempted to cheat on this one, lol)
9. What do you think about very often? - 'Linger' - The Cranberries
10. What is 2 + 2? - 'It Ain't me babe' - Bob Dylan (I am seriously laughing my ass off.. somebody else had to do this..just so I can see the weird answers!)
11. What do you think of your best friend? - 'Me and the Devil Blues' - Cowboy Junkies
12. What do you think of the person you like? - 'Toms Diner' - Suzanne Vega (I can't believe I didn't get this one last question .. Damnit!)
13. What is your life story? - 'Unwell' - Matchbox 20 (yeah..that's a little scary)
14. What do you want to be when you grow up? - 'Mr. Jones' - Counting Crows (Cause we all want something beautiful...)
15. What do you think of when you see the person you like? - 'The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything' - VeggieTales (HA HA HA HA)
16. What will you dance to at your wedding? - 'The Drugs don't work' - Radiohead (Hmmmm)
17. What will they play at your funeral? - 'Miles From Nowhere'- Cat Stevens (actually wouldn't mind this one, lol, one of my favorite songs ever
18. What is your hobby/interest? - 'You took the words right out of my mouth' - Meatloaf
19. What is your biggest fear? - 'Blackbird' - The Beatles
20. What is your biggest secret? - 'When you say nothing at all' - Allison Krauss
21. What do you think of your friends? - 'Cocaine Blues' - Johnny Cash
22. What will you post this as? - 'Late in the Evening' - Paul Simon
23. What song would you play during your first time having sex? - 'Hosanna' - Jesus Christ Superstar (Oh yeah, going to hell, lol)
c'mon you guys!! pleeeeeeeeeease!! And no cheating!
rabidchyld has hooked me on Torchwood. And it couldn't have come at a better time! New fanfic and fanvids and merchandise..sigh.. we're talking off the charts (past Duchovny!!!) levels of crush for Captain Jack/John Barrowman. Plus, John Barrowman does Broadway! Could I BE any happier?
Well ok, yeah..but all that real life stuff can go suck it for a few days.
Speaking of which, a huge thank you to mrsavb, she came over and picked up Kat Friday and took her to the sitters and wouldn't even let me pay! I really needed it and it meant a lot. Hopefully as I'm looking for a new place, chasing kids and getting this house ready to rent out I'll find time to see everyone.
Off to 'Speedracer' with Fox, it was part of his birthday present that he could take a couple of friends to see it with him. He wanted his little friend Molly and was quite upset when I told him that yes I was going too..I mean, he's SIX people!! *sigh* Anyway, good thing the reviews said the movie would be great *eye roll*
Have a good one all!
snagged from kc_anathema
I posted some shots a while ago from the shoot at 1763, I just did a post at alt_models with my favorites and there are a couple that weren't in my original post. If you want, check it out at and tell me what you think.
In other news, Chris got a job and will be in Alabama during the week from now on. I'm heading out to Fox's school where I'm going to go medieval on the 'head' room Mom. Woman is a freak and since I don't have to worry about impressions anymore she is SO getting a piece of my mind today. Why even sign up to be lead Room Mom if you don't plan on doing anything?
Nerve.com posted a list of the top 50 comedy sketches of all time. Like most lists, ymmv, but all in all a great way to burn through a slightly hungover day (thanks Trey & Mel!! Saki & Lime beer are nooooooot a good combo..FYI. Had a blast though!)
LOVED the Sid Caeser stuff and I was really happy to see the French & Saunders clips. And the python..and..ok, most of it was great.
So after three months of jerking me around, having me fill out form after form and sending me to different doctors, and having to pay my doctors to send forms...
Social Security declined my application for disability.
I have to say, I didn't really want to file to begin with. It didn't even occur to me to do it until two different friends pointed out that I had worked and paid taxes and that I did have to turn down several full time jobs because there was no way I could sit a desk anymore.
So, in spite of records from all of my doctors stating that yes, I did have severe endometriosis, interstitial cystitis, and oh yes let's not forget the ruptured disk in my neck and two degenerating disks in my lower back. And I'm not even getting into the fucking alien lump under my ribs that means I can barely eat and keeps me at a healthy 5'10, 123 lbs.. /sarcasm.
Just fuck you.